Architectural Quality Control, Code & Zoning Specialist, Specification Writer & Construction Administration Individual
Jersey Shore Office
Must have a minimum of 7-10 years office / field experience to work in fast paced working environment. Must possess and illustrate excellent communications skills with a proactive approach and Leadership qualities to work with project teams. Seeking those to perform Quality Assurance and Control (QA/QC ) reviews of Construction Documents for broad range Commercial , Educational, Institutional and Medical Facility projects. Must have in-depth working knowledge of current ICC Building codes, accessibility standards at both federal and local / national levels and perform quick reviews of specific project’s local ordinances / regulations and standards where applicable. Candidates must be highly motivated to work with and lead individuals and small team groups to meet timely deadlines. Review jurisdiction plan review comments for required responses and revision requests will be involved in all QA QC activities for AHJ’s timely receipt with follow up with AHJ personnel to adhere to our client’s tight construction schedules.
Candidates that meet all the requirements below is a plus. Those who lack some of the criteria below will also be considered and evaluated if the individual can demonstrate the desire to grow.
QA/ QC REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICS
- The most important aspect of this individual’s role, is to really be a mentor for the younger staff and help them better understand how building go together.
- When assisting more senior staff this individual’s role to provide a second pair of eyes to help ensure that nothing has been missed or determine if further clarifications or details are required.
- Guide team members on how and what to detail and to review those drawings to ensure constructability.
- When clarifications or supplemental information is required it is our hope that the QA/QC individual will be able to directly implement them and that is why Acad & Revit experience is a plus.
- Integration of office generated standards with specific Construction Document preparation.
- Assume and perform tasks with strong organization and quality control record keeping skills.
- Implement set project standards for document implementation by team members.
- Plan / organize and prepare and lead individual and small group meetings in advance of task to implement document revisions updates in efficient manner.
- Exercise and Promote working system during document preparation to not just fix current problems but seek approach that prevent recurrences and that improves quality.
- Perform Pro-active oversight of documents preparation that meets out to permit, bidding phased deadlines and construction phase changes where implemented by Client initiated change requests.
Code & Zoning Specialist:
- Be able to perform code analysis
- Be knowledgeable with applicable.
- Know how to apply administrative codes
- Know how to performing zoning analysis and be able to list the criteria our projects are required to meet including building signage, parking and green standards.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of projects in construction and closeout phases, including attending construction meetings, reviewing field conditions and preparation of Architects Field Reports, preparation of Architectural Supplemental Instructions, reviewing and responding to RFI’s, reviewing shop drawings, reviewing and evaluating change order requests, preparation and processing of change orders, coordinating project activities with contractors, user groups and facilities/planning departments, review of contractors project schedule, submittal schedules, review of contractors pay applications for accuracy and payment, and problem solving on-site issues.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (latest version) a must, Revit experience a plus and highly recommended. Advanced knowledge of building codes, full understanding of Addenda and Construction Change Directive procedures. Experience in educational and/or retail architecture is preferred. Email resumes to [email protected]
- Cover Letter specifically addressing overview of experience and how it is consistent with our outlined qualifications
- Salary Requirements (Please Avoid Ranges)
- PDF Portfolio including sample sets of CD’s. We really want to get a sense of the drawings you specifically worked o. So no need to submit full sets.
- Potential start date
- Please Email your resumes directly to [email protected]
JERSEY SHORE OFFICE
3297 Route 66
Neptune, NJ 07753
MMA headquarters is located minutes from the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County. Known as one of the nicest counties in the country. Surrounding cities include Asbury Park, Ocean Grove and Red Bank to name a few. Great schools and great communities. We are looking to add 10 additional top notch designers skilled in production and design roles to help facilitate both local and national work. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for the growth opportunity and more importantly leadership opportunity. This is your chance to get what you are looking for.