Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical & Fire Protection Design Engineer
Jersey Shore Office
MMA is seeking an in-house MEPF Engineer to oversee and provide detailed mechanical, plumbing, electrical and fire protection engineering design systems for a variety of small to mid-size client projects. The Goal of this role is not to replace our consulting engineers but to utilize this role for our smaller tenant fit-up work and retail projects where it would be more efficient and cost effective for our clients. It is the intent that the MMA leadership would still sign and seal all exhibits unless otherwise required by a jurisdiction and not the MEPF.
Potential candidates must be able to perform all technical functions associated with MEPF design including load calculations, layout, sizing and system integration. The role will require effective communication and decision making with our in-house project architects along with our client’s construction project managers and general contractors, to make effective decisions for each project.
Candidates that meet all the requirements below is a plus. Those who lack some of the criteria below will also be considered and evaluated if the individual can demonstrate the desire to grow.
- Advanced knowledge, technical design and quality control of MEP design related to various project types.
- Production of construction documents (drawing and specifications) for new buildings, renovations and additions to existing facilities.
- Provide coordination of project designs with other disciplines and architects
- Engineering consulting assistance to clients
- Survey existing building conditions
- Review drawings and specifications prepared by others
- Review RFI’s, change orders and provide construction administration assistance for MEP designs.
- Attendance of client meetings and bid meetings
- Ability to work independently or with a team on small to mid-size projects
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in MEPF Engineering
- E. license in the State of New Jersey preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience.
- Commercial, grocery, healthcare and labs, industrial, office, mixed use, educational and/or residential experience is a plus.
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD
- Willingness and availability for light to moderate travel to job sites
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality designs
- Knowledge of sustainable design practices and understanding of code
- Cover Letter specifically addressing overview of experience and how it is consistent with our outlined qualifications
- Salary Requirements (Please Avoid Ranges)
- PDF Portfolio including sample sets of CD’s. We really want to get a sense of the drawings you specifically worked o. So no need to submit full sets.
- Potential start date
- Please Email your resumes directly to [email protected]
JERSEY SHORE OFFICE
3297 Route 66
Neptune, NJ 07753
MMA headquarters is located minutes from the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County. Known as one of the nicest counties in the country. Surrounding cities include Asbury Park, Ocean Grove and Red Bank to name a few. Great schools and great communities. We are looking to add 10 additional top notch designers skilled in production and design roles to help facilitate both local and national work. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for the growth opportunity and more importantly leadership opportunity. This is your chance to get what you are looking for.