Architectural Director of Business Development / Healthcare
Neptune, New Jersey
Massa Multimedia Architecture, PC. (MMA), is seeking a results-oriented sales / business development professional for our Monmouth County, New Jersey office with strong healthcare, retail and K12 experience along with proven results to join our Business Development Team. If you are that candidate, please read on! This is a professional sales position requiring cold calls, client meetings, and a high level of participation at networking events during and after business hours and on weekends. MMA recently acquired JMD Architects out of Greenville, SC (http://www.mma-architects.com/mma-acquires-jmd-architects/). This acquisition added extensive Healthcare Experience including a patent/trademark on ICU design. One of MMA’s goals now is also to focus on building a new book of Healthcare business in the Northeast and Nationally. As part of this effort, MMA will be collaborating with Michael Graves Office out of Princeton as well as independently on our own. Graves-MMA JV has been together for approximately 14 years building new K12 schools in NYC. MMA primary focus industries include Retail, K-12 Education, Mixed Use, and developer driven projects and now Healthcare.
- Identify, develop, and CLOSE new business;
- Prepare and implement a business development plan, including identification of target market sectors and potential clients;
- Qualify and pursue new business based on potential revenue, profit, and timely close;
- Identify decision-makers within prospective client organizations and establish meaningful contact through cold calling, emails, social networking, and meetings;
- Participate in business/social/professional organizations and events, including tradeshows and conferences, that promote or generate business relationships;
- Meet with qualified prospects to present the Firm’s credentials and/or identify and discuss specific opportunities for future work;
- Participate in the development of winning technical and fee proposals;
- Develop and participate in business presentations;
- Participate in the review and negotiation of contracts for new business;
- Proactively develop/maintain relationships and pursue opportunities for additional business with existing clients;
- Document/quantify results of business development activities;
- Effectively organize and track leads;
- Participate in regular business development meetings and coordinate activity with business development and marketing professionals in our South Carolina and DC offices;
- Submit activity (sales/revenue and projection) reports as required by the Director of Business Development and President;
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet company goals and objectives;
- Participate in professional/community organizations and activities;
- Attend continuing education programs;
- Demonstrate organizational skills;
- Be self-motivated regarding office projects and the office environment.
- Architectural Bachelor’s degree preferred with a Minimum 5 years of sales / business development experience OR Equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- A well rounded professional would be an ideal candidate.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Proven success in identifying and landing new business in Healthcare industry including developer driven projects;
- Demonstrated experience selling professional services nationally;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage workloads to meet deadlines
- Minimum 5 years of architectural sales experience;
- Knowledge of design and construction industry;
- Cover Letter specifically addressing overview of experience and how it is consistent with our outlined qualifications
- Salary Requirements
- PDF Portfolio
- Potential start date
- Please Email your resumes directly to email@example.com
Jersey Shore Office
3297 ROUTE 66
NEPTUNE, NJ 07753y
MMA headquarters is located minutes from the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County. Known as one of the nicest counties in the country. Surrounding cities include Asbury Park, Ocean Grove and Red Bank to name a few. Great schools and great communities. We are looking to add 10 additional top notch designers skilled in production and design roles to help facilitate both local and national work. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for the growth opportunity and more importantly leadership opportunity. This is your chance to get what you are looking for.